About Us.

My photo
We are Dylan Hillman and Jake Self. This is a look into our amazing lives and how we live it. We are here to show you some useful ways to live, review things, but mostly just show you things we think are rad.

5.10.10

The Doo doo water cometh.

Alright so lately Dalzell's (the house i live in with 4 other roomates) plumbing has been messing up for the past few months. Either the shower would not drain quick enough or the toilet will leak or the sink is stopped up. We called our land lord Larry aka Larry the Landlord and he called someone out to fix the problem two different times and they fixed the toliet from leaking but the sink was still stopped up and the shower
wasnt draining quickly enough. Larry also said that if it  happened again that we would have to pay
for the plumber to come out. BUST! Jake unhooked the pipes under the sink and the water falls into a bucket which we have to empty out whenever it fills up. Well after the plumber came out and fixed the toliet we though we were good to go but of course we were wrong. Within a couple of weeks water was leaking from underneath the toliet once again! Since we knew we were going to have to pay for a plumber I decided to crawl under the house and look at the pipes and see what the deal was because there had to be an explanation for all of the plumbing to be messing up. I crawled underneath the house on my belly and man did this suck. I made my way to the pipes and realized that the pipes for the shower, toliet, and sink in the bathroom are all connected. I unhooked the clamp on the pipe for the sink and grey mix of dirt, slime, and doo doo water began to bubble out and i knew that I found the problem. I got the pipe off and this grey sludge of grossness came out and whatever was clogging the sink up came out with it. I then reluctantly got all of junk i could from both pipes then screwed the clamp back on the pipes thinking that I had saved the day and the problem was fixed.Shower was still not draining so the next day me and Jake decide to go under the house together. Crawling under the house sucked even more because I was already sore from the day before. We couldnt find anything that was stopping the pipes and still did not fully fix the problem. For right now we have given up and are afraid to flush the toliet. Oh well its just one of the perks of living in such a crazy house.

My roommate Amy took a picture of the first day that I was under the house.
It looks kinda creepy, don't really know why i decided to go under the house with
basically no clothes on. ENJOY.   -dyl.

No comments:

Post a Comment