About Us.

My photo
We are Dylan Hillman and Jake Self. This is a look into our amazing lives and how we live it. We are here to show you some useful ways to live, review things, but mostly just show you things we think are rad.

12.11.10

Suicide Fest 2008

So back in 08 I went to a hardcore festival called Suicide Fest in San Antonio. I had no idea what I was about to witness. Before the fest me and my buddies rafted the Guadalupe River, which was way too much fun. When we finished we headed to the venue and that's when I saw how small it was. It was in that second that I knew this was gonna be absolute insanity. I only cared to see the last 2 bands, Pride Kills and Death Threat. It was gonna be Pride Kills last show, and Pride Kills is notorious for their insane shows. Death Threat went on and it was pretty much one giant sing-a-long. Everyone kept getting pushed into the band so the biggest person I've ever seen (his name was "Blocker") stood up front and kept pushing people back so DT could have a little space. After they finished Pride Kills came on. Before they started, cans of shaving cream, silly strings, and bottle rockets were handed out to random people. So before they even started playing everyone was covered with that shit. Right when the guitarist hit the first riff, a tv comes flying from behind the band and smashes some dudes face. He gets knocked cold and then someone picks the tv up and chunks it onto some girls foot and breaks her foot. Then the beer bottles, trash cans, and fake tree start getting thrown around. So pretty much a tiny riot starts while the band is playing. The band only got through 3 songs before getting shut down because too many people were getting fucked up from getting hit with shit. The thing that I will always remember is the dude with no shirt and an Indian headdress "swimming" in broken beer bottles. At the end of the show I was covered in sweat and other peoples blood. When I walked outside the venue, there was a line of probably 10 people waiting to see the paramedics for their injuries. All in all it was way too much fun, and I'll always remember Suicide Fest 2008. --Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment